October 2019 Bojana Petkovic ;What is CBD all about and why are cannabis and hemp oil all over the internet? To help you understand this rapidly growing industry, we’re going to present you with some interesting CBD statistics and facts.
CBD or cannabidiol is one of the most important active substances in the cannabis (marijuana) plant. It can be obtained from different cannabis species, but it can also be synthetically produced. There are divided opinions on whether it works better on its own or joined with other cannabis compounds, yet one thing is for sure — its positive effects on human (and pet) health are undeniable, as CBD statistics are clearly showing. At the moment, only CBD derived from hemp is legal under federal law while we wait for more research on the substance to begin.
We can observe CBD as an amazing cure, but we can also watch the changes in the industry. That is one serious venture and a lot of people would like to get a piece of that $20 billion pie (this is the prognosis for US sales of CBD by 2024).
With that in mind, here is our pick of:
Top 10 CBD Facts and Statistics
- The sales of CBD are predicted to reach about $1.8 billion by 2022.
- At the moment, there are over 850 brands of CBD products in the US market.
- With over $1 billion, Colorado is the state with the highest cannabis revenues.
- Data on CBD user demographics show 40% of Americans are interested in trying CBD.
- A cannabis worker earns more than an average American.
- The demand for employees in the CBD oil industry rose by 76% in one year.
- Statistics on CBD direct sales show that the majority of direct sellers are women.
- Women are founders or general managers of over 75% of CBD brands.
- Pure CBD is perfectly safe for usage and you cannot get addicted to it.
See what we mean? Take a look at the following infographic for more mindblowing CBD trends.